What’s included in the Observability Audit?
- Kick-off & Ways of Working
- Define the outcome of your platform
- Identify leading indicators of an outage or service degradation
- Define your Service Level Objectives
- Review your observability strategy & architecture
- We propose an observability approach for you
Observability Audit Details
1. Observability Audit Kick-Off & Ways of Working
We start with an initial call where we walk through the Observability Audit process. We capture important elements such as key stakeholders and the documentation you have created to date.
2. Define the outcome of your platform
We we look to define what success looks like for your platform. Usually this is a level deeper than “uptime” because we will be looking to define what users need to be able to do on the platform.
3. Identify leading indicators of an outage or service degradation
Given the outcomes defined in the previous step, we will look to define Service Level Indicators (SLIs) based on the four golden signals and our best practice.
4. Define your Service Level Objectives
Next, we will define your Service Level Objectives (SLOs). These are the targets your platform should meet in order to be considered to be successful.
5. Review your observability strategy & architecture
We review your observability strategy & architecture to ensure you have the tooling in place to monitor your SLIs and that it is well configured to monitor against your SLOs.
6. We propose an Observability approach for you
We will play back our findings a present a plan for improvements to the observability stack as required.
Observability Audit Pricing
How do I get an accurate estimate?
Final costs will be provided to you following our onboarding call. In this call we will seek to understand:
- The size and scope of your platform
- The maturity of your observability stack
Please register your interest if you would like to discuss how we can help you.